Earn a BTEC Level 2 in Art & Design skills while through an HPQ build a digital world or complete a certification exam in Adobe Photoshop or Illustrator. Take on a live brief with a big company or magazine so that you can demonstrate your skills in a real-life scenario.
Reasons to study this course
- Excellent preparation for your progression into level 3 Graphic Design, Photography or Games Design courses or employment, learning from assignments that are based on realistic workplace situations.
- Access to a range of specialist equipment including the Adobe Creative Suite, Blender, a lighting studio and darkroom.
- Chance to progress to level 3 Art and Design courses, or into Art and Design-related employment.
What you will need to take this course
- commitment to Graphic Design, Photography, Visual Effects, Motion Graphics and Digital 3D modelling and animation
- hard work ethic
- enthusiasm for producing personal and unique work
- passion for the subject
What you will study
You will develop visual language skills with a variety of media including a combination of computer-based processes and techniques using industry-standard software (Adobe Creative Suite & Blender), also incorporating use of traditional media and materials.
How you will be assessed
Four main assignments
You will build a strong portfolio that will allow you to apply a range of level 3 courses in the areas of Art & Design.
Gallery visits, research trips as well as visiting speakers from universities and industry to discuss career paths.