REASONS TO STUDY THIS COURSE
- It offers an exciting look at science through applications rather than theory.
- More time to conduct in-depth practical work and your own research.
- Learning methods include completing assignments, case studies and projects based on workplace situations.
- You will learn about demands and legislation that exist in the workplace.
- You will develop independence as a learner and obtain transferrable skills in preparation for a career or higher level study.
WHAT YOU WILL STUDY
Up to six core units including Fundamentals of Science, Working in the Science Industry, Perceptions of Science, Scientific Investigations and Scientific Practical Techniques. Up to six specialist units including Microbiological Techniques, Physiology of Body Systems, Industrial Chemical Reactions and Using Statistics in Science.
HOW YOU WILL BE ASSESSED
Practical work, projects and assignments. Units are internally-assessed and contribute to an overall grade. This approach may appeal to those who prefer portfolio-based assessment.
Full-time degree courses, apprenticeship or employment. BTEC Diplomas can provide access to work in hospitals, education, quality control, testing and environmental science laboratories.