REASONS TO STUDY THIS COURSE
- It offers an exciting look at science through applications rather than theory.
- More time to conduct in-depth practical work and your own research.
- Learning methods include completing assignments, case studies and projects based on workplace situations.
- You will learn about demands and legislation that exist in the workplace.
- You will develop independence as a learner and obtain transferrable skills in preparation for a career or higher level study.
WHAT YOU WILL STUDY
Up to six mandatory units: Principles and Applications of Science I and II, Practical Scientific Procedures and Techniques, Science Investigation Skills, Laboratory Techniques and their Application and Investigative Project. Up to two optional units: Diseases and Infections and Applications of Organic Chemistry. Both courses are delivered over two years.
HOW YOU WILL BE ASSESSED
Practical work, projects, assignments and externally assessed examinations. This approach may appeal to those who prefer a mix of portfolio-based and exam assessment.
Full-time degree courses, apprenticeship or employment. BTEC Diplomas can provide access to work in hospitals, education, quality control, testing and environmental science laboratories.