REASONS TO STUDY THIS COURSE
- It offers an exciting look at science through applications rather than theory.
- More time to conduct in-depth practical work and your own research.
- Learning methods include completing assignments, case studies and projects based on workplace situations.
- You will learn about demands and legislation that exist in the workplace.
- You will develop transferrable skills in preparation for a career or higher level study.
WHAT YOU WILL STUDY
Up to six core units including Fundamentals of Science, Working in the Science Industry, Perceptions of Science, Scientific Investigations, Scientific Practical Techniques and Using Mathematical tools in Science.
Up to six specialist units including Microbiological Techniques, Genetics and Chemical Lab Techniques.
HOW YOU WILL BE ASSESSED
Practical work, projects and assignments. Units are internally-assessed and contribute to an overall grade. This approach may appeal to those who prefer portfolio-based assessment.