Reasons to study this course
- Build on any knowledge you already have of business, marketing and management.
- Discover more about how real businesses operate and react to change.
- Enhance your practical skills by running your own mini enterprise.
- Enjoy theory-based lessons, problem solving, independent research and working in teams.
What you will need to study this course
- good time management, the ability to complete coursework independently, meet deadlines, and undertake research
- independent thinking and teamwork skills
- proven interest in Business
- willingness to undertake 40 hours of work experience
What you will study
Introduction to Business, Finance and Accounts, Marketing, Human Resources, Event Management, International Business and many more.
How you will be assessed
Year 1 – exam and a controlled Marketing Campaign assessment.
Coursework units include: Work Experience, Customer Service, Exploring Business, Recruitment & Selection, and Creative Productive Promotion.
Year 2 – Two exams.
Coursework units include: Event Management, Team Building, International Business, Pitching for a Small Business, and Training & Development
Guest speakers from a range of organisations, opportunities to implement business ideas. Visit a range of businesses such as Alton Towers, Chester Zoo, Jaguar Land Rover. Field trips to Chester Zoo, Blackpool Pleasure Beach – applying what you learn from these experiences to your coursework.
University, apprenticeship, employment, or the ability to start your own business. Careers in retail, marketing, human resources, management, financial management and event planning and many more.