REASONS TO STUDY THIS COURSE
- It offers insight into a range of issues and business behaviour affecting organisations today.
- Find out what it takes to become a manager or entrepreneur.
- Develop a critical understanding of business activities on a local, national and global scale.
- Explore how businesses adapt and respond strategically to a changing environment.
- Gain an understanding of the business decision-making process.
WHAT YOU WILL STUDY
Year 1 (AS) – management, leadership, decision making, stakeholders, marketing, finance and business operations.
Year 2 (A-Level) – business strategy including strategic decision-making, strategic methods and managing strategic change.
HOW YOU WILL BE ASSESSED
Year 1 (AS) – two 1.5-hour exams
Year 1 (A-Level) – three two-hour exams
Exams will be a mixture of multiple choice, short answer questions and extended questions, including essays.
Degree courses including Accounting and Financial Management, Business and Economics, Business Management, Marketing, Product Innovation and Development and Fashion Retailing. Careers and further training posts have recently included AAT trainees and a selection of apprenticeships. Some students choose this A-Level as they have an ambition to run their own business. Business Education is increasingly valuable for young adults as it provides the skills that employers are looking for, and the knowledge that is becoming essential in a modern economy. The skills you develop are vital for a range of careers.