Reasons to study this course
- You have a passion for Game Design, Game Art and Game Development
- You have a creative and logical mind.
- You want to progress into areas such as Game Design, VFX, Game Concept Art, Game Programming, Animation and any Digital Creative Industry.
What you will need to study this course
- keen interest in Gaming and Game Design
- willingness to use Art and Design-based techniques
- happy to use programming to develop your work
- enthusiasm for new software and to develop skills in and out of college
- excited by the idea of producing unique, original work
What you will study
How to design and create assets, environments, characters and vehicles. A range of software to create digital 3D models and textures. Theory behind level design and how to implement it. Programming to enhance your Game Engine work.
How you will be assessed
You will be assessed throughout the two years.
Year 1 you will cover eight units
Year 2 you will cover five units
Visits to industry-led exhibitions, visiting speakers from universities and industry to discuss career paths. ‘Live’ assignments set by industry professionals. Our program is designed with help of industry professionals to enhance the experience.
Students have gone on to study at some of the UK’s top Game Design courses with most students gaining their first choice university. Pathways taken include Game Design, Game Art, Game Concept Art, VFX, Animation, Game Programming, Software Design, Cyber Security and Graphic Design.