REASONS TO STUDY THIS COURSE
- Outstanding success rate and opportunities for progression into the UK’s leading dance colleges and universities.
- Diverse and rigorous training in a multitude of dance styles and genres.
- Visiting professional dance company workshops.
- Professional and rewarding training environment.
- Opportunities to perform in a variety of showcases and public performances.
WHAT YOU WILL STUDY
Examples of units covered during year 1 and 2 include Contemporary Dance Theatre, African Dance, Lyrical Dance, Urban Dance, Performing To An Audience Project and Improvisation Skills.
HOW YOU WILL BE ASSESSED
You will be assessed every half term on a performance you give in the genre that you are currently studying. You will also have written assignments as part of each unit which count towards your overall grade.
The BTEC course alongside the support, guidance and audition preparation offered by staff will thoroughly prepare you for your next stage of training at the country’s leading dance colleges.