Reasons to study this course
- Ideal qualification for those who want a broad background in health and social care
- In order to provide maximum flexibility you can study this subject as a Certificate (one block), Extended Certificate (two blocks) or a Foundation Diploma (three blocks).
What you will need to study this course
- GCSE grade 4 or above in a Science
- sound understanding of human physiology is strongly recommended
- depending on your plans you will be advised that some subjects will be essential to ensure progression in your chosen career/degree
What you will study
Nutrition, anatomy and physiology, equality, mental health, positive relationships in care and infection control.
How you will be assessed
Coursework and exams
Enrichment activities include support in preparing Health and Social Care university applications and interviews. A variety of trips and visits including Disneyland Paris and a number of universities. Applied learning experiences within college and in local care organisations to develop your knowledge, understanding, skills and experience. Opportunity of work experience, which plays a vital role in embedding knowledge as well as supporting future university/job applications.
Many of our students choose Health and Social Care because they have a clear idea of their future profession eg. nursing, midwifery, social work, paramedical services, social work, counsellor, physio and occupational therapy etc. However, many are unsure when they start their studies with us and wish to gain vital knowledge and experience.