REASONS TO STUDY THIS COURSE
- You are a keen music maker and enjoy producing music using computers.
- You enjoy listening to, and analysing, music.
- You are interested in sound recording technology
- You enjoy using electronic devices to create your own sounds.
- If you play an instrument you will have the opportunity to incorporate your performances into your own compositions (you will not be required to perform to an audience).
- Can be combined with Music Performance to create a 2 A level Equivalent combined course. You may also choose to top this up to the equivalent of 3 A Levels by taking Music Performance and the Extended Music option
WHAT YOU WILL STUDY
DAW (Digital Audio Workstation) techniques, mixing and mastering audio files, synthesis and sampling, composing for media destinations.
HOW YOU WILL BE ASSESSED
University specialising in music production, performance, sound engineering, acoustics, event management and electronic product design. Graduates have progressed to careers in live sound and recording studio settings as well as radio, television and computer games production work.