Reasons to study this course
- Excellent preparation for a career in the Performing Arts.
- You will hone your technique, skills and build confidence in acting, singing and dancing.
- You will be pushed to be the best you can be in a professional and rewarding environment.
- Opportunity to perform in two full-scale musicals as well as a variety of other public performances.
- Priestley has an outstanding reputation and track record for students gaining places at the top London theatre schools such as Arts Ed, GSA and Mountview.
- We guarantee you will thrive, love your time on this course, make lifelong friends and become part of the supportive Performing Arts family.
What you will need to study this course
- commitment and a professional attitude
- dedication to improving in all three disciplines
- a passion for Performing Arts
- enthusiasm and energy
- to be a team player
- willingness to improve your skills outside of class time
- to successfully complete an audition
What you will study
You will take challenging and fun technique classes in acting, dancing and singing. Each discipline is first explored separately. Following this you will combine your skills and techniques in rehearsals preparing for a series of performances.
How you will be assessed
Practical assessment of technical skills and sense of flair in the three performance disciplines. Small amount of written submissions which support your practical work. You are also assessed on other essential skills for a performer including professionalism, commitment and creativity.
Inspirational annual residential visit to Broadway. Amazing workshops from industry professionals including previous Priestley PA students who are now West End performers. Countless extra opportunities such as in-house theatre and dance companies, theatre visits and audition support.
The support you receive for your auditions, combined with your high quality training, will ensure you are well prepared to audition for the top universities / theatre schools in the UK and abroad.
Some students choose not to continue in the performing arts industry. Our outstanding results and transferable skills mean that you will be well prepared for any progression route you choose to take. Former students have successfully forged careers in a range of diverse sectors such as social work and midwifery.