Reasons to study this course
- T-Levels combine classroom theory, practical learning and a significant industry placement.
- One T-Level is the equivalent of three A-Levels.
- You will gain the knowledge, skills and behaviours needed to progress into skilled employment or higher level technical training or study in the Health and Science sector.
- You will have the opportunity to participate in an industry placement.
What you will need to study this course
- interest in key scientific concepts and enthusiasm for planning and carrying out practical work in a laboratory
- minimum requirements for a Level 3 course ie. five GCSEs 4 and above
- minimum GCSE Maths grade 5
- minimum GCSE English Language grade 4
What you will study
Core Content – Core Science concepts, scientific and clinical practice, managing information and data in the science sector, health and safety in the science sector.
Occupational Specialism – Laboratory Sciences, plan and perform a range of appropriate scientific techniques to collect experimental data in a laboratory setting.
Industry placement of at least 45 days.
How you will be assessed
Core Content: exam and externally-set project
Occupational Specialism: practical assignments
Visits to local industry to increase understanding of science in the workplace. Students undertaking Science courses have also taken part in hands on practical activities at Manchester University and Chester University.
A degree apprenticeship, university degree or skilled employment. An exciting career in the Science or Healthcare sector, possibly in laboratory research in hospitals and public health organisations, environmental agencies, utility companies, forensic science institutions, food manufacturing companies, and pharmaceutical and chemical companies.
Bozeman Science – www.bozemanscience.com
Khan Academy – www.khanacademy.org/science
Television – Horizon on the BBC iplayer
Express an interest in studying this T-Level
If you would like to be kept up to date with T-Level news and events please enter your details below.