REASONS TO STUDY THIS COURSE
- The opportunity to acquire invaluable skills that will you in any career.
- You enjoy learning about language, culture, history and current affairs.
- Weekly individual oral lessons with our Spanish assistant.
- You will be able to use phone apps such as online dictionaries, Google classrooms, Quizlet, AQA Kerboodle.
- You will be able to combine Spanish with many other courses.
WHAT YOU WILL STUDY
Year 1 (AS) – Family life and the influence of the catholic church; the use of technology in Spanish speaking countries; the role of women and LGBT rights in the Hispanic world; the influence of Hispanic idols; the diversity of regional identity in Spain; the diversity of Hispanic culture and artists; a Spanish film.
Year 2 (A-Level) – the advantages of a diverse society, the impact of racist attitudes and examples of integration in the Hispanic world; the importance of politics for young people in the Hispanic world; dictatorships in Spain and Latin America; the evolution of the monarchy in Spain; popular movements in the Hispanic world; a book.
HOW YOU WILL BE ASSESSED
Year 1 (AS) – one listening and reading comprehension, one speaking exam
Year 2 (A-Level) – one comprehension exam, one essay exam, one speaking exam
Universities highly value the intellectual rigour and skills of an A-Level in a modern language. Modern languages graduates are in demand with 96% of students finding employment. Universities now offer a wide range of combined subjects such as Natural Hazard Management and Spanish, Psychology and Spanish, Politics / Law / History International business and Spanish, Medical Physiology with Spanish.