Reasons to study this course
- You want to develop your knowledge of the world.
- You want a career working in the travel industry.
- You are aiming to go to university to study or gain an apprenticeship in travel.
What you will need to study this course
- a keen interest in Travel and Tourism
- motivation, organisation and a thirst for learning more about the travel and tourism industries and where they may take you
What you will study
The travel industry and the roles of different organisations within it, including travel agents, tour operators, hotels and transport companies. You will learn about factors that affect the success of the industry, as well as customer service and marketing activities. The Year 2 Extended Certificate offers the chance to locate and research global destinations, geographical features and what makes them appealing to visitors. Also a wide range of visitor attractions and look at how attractions respond to competition.
How you will be assessed
Exams, coursework and presentations.
We try to provide you with the experience and knowledge you will need to work in the travel industry and have a variety of visits and guest speakers, such as cabin crew, to enhance your learning.
Tourism at university. Students often go on to study a Tourism Management degree which often incorporates a paid overseas placement in the third year of study. This course will also help you progress on to a degree apprenticeship. This BTEC also provides a good foundation for those who would prefer an apprenticeship with a travel company. Some students have become overseas representatives for Eurocamp and some are currently working as cabin crew for Virgin Atlantic and Jet 2.