Hello to the Class of 2020. Your exam certificates are now available at Crescent Reception. Please note you will need photographic identification to collect your results. Congratulations on another great year!
Exams News & Information:
Exam Arrangements, Autumn 2020 Series. Following government advice, please read the exam arrangements detailed below carefully and email email@example.com if you wish to discuss anything further.
The Joint Council for Qualifications offers the following information for students taking exams.
Free breakfast during exam weeks
To help you to concentrate through your exams, all students are entitled to a free breakfast in the Crescent Café and the Viola Beach Café.
Served between 8.15 and 8.45am, starting Friday 8 January.
- Two Pieces of Toast
- Hash Browns (Crescent Café only)
- Fruit Teacake
- Two Crumpets
- + piece of fruit with all options
Please note, you must have your ID card to claim your free breakfast.
Parents’ top tips – exam essentials
There are many ways to help take the stress out of exams. We will be supporting your son / daughter in college, but these are some of the tips we you can pass on or reinforce so give your child the best chance of success:
- Have a revision plan
- Have a break and do something you enjoy
- Cover all areas in your plan
- Spend more time on the more challenging topics
- Break topics down in to manageable chunks
- Have a go at some past papers under timed conditions
- Try different revision techniques; testing which work for you
- Do short bursts of focused revision sessions of 30-40 minutes
- Get your rest as you need to be really alert in the exam
- Eat well and regularly
- Always have your College ID. THIS IS COMPULSORY FOR EVERY EXAM.
- Get prepared the night before with all your exam equipment.
How to get the best from your revision
The following videos will give you some ideas on how to get the best from your revision.
If you feel like you are in need of some extra support during the exam period please speak to your Personal Tutor in college or be aware of the following app and agencies that can offer support.
App to help reduce stress:
Advice for students:
Advice for parents: