The Joint Council for Qualifications offers the following information for students taking exams.
Exam Dos and Don'ts
You will have enough to think about when you come to take exams. So to take a little of the stress away we have prepared this short guide as a reference for all the things you need to remember in order to be successful.
There are many ways to help take the stress out of exams. We will support you in college, but here are some tips that will give you the best chance of completing revision successfully:
- Have a revision plan
- Have a break and do something you enjoy
- Cover all areas in your plan
- Spend more time on the more challenging topics
- Break topics down in to manageable chunks
- Have a go at some past papers under timed conditions
- Try different revision techniques; testing which work for you
- Do short bursts of focused revision sessions of 30-40 minutes
- Get your rest as you need to be really alert in the exam
- Eat well and regularly
- Always have your College ID. THIS IS COMPULSORY FOR EVERY EXAM.
- Get prepared the night before with all your exam equipment.
If you feel like you are in need of some extra support during the exam period please speak to your Personal Tutor in college or be aware of the following app and agencies that can offer support.
Policies and Procedures
Request for variation to any part of the student Portfolio of Evidence
Please use this form to raise any issues which you feel warrant special consideration.
It is important that you raise this issue as soon as possible. These issues will be considered by a panel of senior staff at the College and you/and your teacher will be informed of the outcome as soon as possible.