Priestley Football Academy Mission Statement
“To provide student footballers in Warrington and the surrounding areas with opportunities to train and play within a high quality football academy whilst continuing their education”
The football academy has gone from strength to strength in recent years and we now enjoy a bigger squad than ever before. Currently we have a squad of 40 talented players that play locally for amateur and semi-professional clubs in the local area. Priestley has also become a destination for footballers that have dropped out of the professional academy programmes at clubs like Manchester United, Tranmere Rovers and Crewe Alexandra to name just a few.
Priestley is renowned locally for academic achievement so students will be able to merge their Football Programme along with combinations of A-Levels or BTECs. We do not discriminate against students that don’t do sports courses so everyone is welcome. We also follow a non-elitist policy so players will be treated as equals within the programme. We want to build a squad that is competitive in every fixture that we play so players are regularly selected for the first and second teams.
Footballers at Priestley will:
- Train twice a week and participate in matches every Wednesday afternoon.
- Receive their own training kit and squad number.
- Receive individualised nutrition plans.
- Be supported with personalised strength and conditioning programmes.
- Receive regular feedback on their progress in both football and their academic programme.
- Be introduced to local semi professional and amateur clubs through a partnership with different clubs in the Warrington area.
- Assessed using elite sports performance fitness tests
- Support with injury rehabilitation
- Enjoy a trip to St George’s Park where they will be coached by UEFA A license, FA coaches before touring the venue.
- Guidance on USA scholarship applications through our links with Soccer Scout USA
- The opportunity to travel to the USA and play in the NYC cup scholarship showcase tournament.
- Weekly Futsal coaching with Warrington Wire Futsal Club