Public Values at Priestley stem from the ‘vision’ and ‘mission’ which underpin all the College’s strategies and services.
To be the region’s leading provider of high quality educational opportunities, responding to the needs of the community we serve.
To inspire, challenge and support students to excel in learning and in life.
At Priestley College we value:
- Learning and the enjoyment of learning
- Each individual and their needs and aspirations
- Achievements and success which are both personal and academic
- Effort and endeavour to maximise a person’s full potential
- Partnership based on respect and equality
In support of these values we will:
- Aim for the highest possible standards of teaching and tutorial support
- Recognise the need for personal development as well as cultural enhancement, including, for sixth form College learners, whole-person education
- Support and invest in the professional development of all staff
- Celebrate diversity and promote equality of opportunity to all our learners and staff
- Actively monitor, support and guide learners through their learning, progression and personal development
- Seize all opportunities to celebrate and reward success
- Develop an ethos of personal responsibility where everybody is expected to give of their best at all times
- Recruit with integrity so as to best ensure learners’ success and progression
- Provide a welcoming, attractive, safe, well resourced learning and working environment
- Ensure the College is as accessible as possible to those with learning difficulties and/or disabilities
- Work in partnership with parents, employers and all relevant local, regional and national bodies