Supporting UCAS applications from former students
As a college we make every effort to support our former students with any university application made in the years immediately after completing your studies. This support can take one of two forms;
- Individual advice and guidance from one of our qualified and experienced Careers Advisers covering issues such as choosing courses, writing your ‘Personal Statement’ and filling in your UCAS form.
- Providing a reference to support your UCAS application.
Because of the pressures of time and the demands of our current students, we ask any former students who want individual advice and guidance regarding their UCAS application to contact the Careers Team before November 30th.
If you are clear about the decisions you have to make and confident about filling in your UCAS form, so simply require a reference to support your UCAS application. Please contact the Careers Team before December 7th. Please do not contact your former personal tutor directly, as all reference requests are dealt with by the Careers Team and doing so may delay your application reaching UCAS.
Whilst we will make every attempt to process reference requests made after December 7st from former students we can not guarantee that your application will reach UCAS before the January 15th closing date.
Supporting students making apprenticeships / employment applications
As a former student of Priestley we will support you with your apprenticeship / employment applications in a number of ways;
- Our Careers Advisers will send via email each week during the summer break, the latest apprenticeship / employment vacancies we are notified of, to all our leavers who have not made a university application.
- If once you leave college you are experiencing problems finding an apprenticeship / employment, you can contact the Careers Team on 01925 633591 to talk to one of our Careers Advisers about your situation. If necessary we can book you in for a one to one interview to help you with your job search.
- As your applications progress, we will process any requests for a reference about you by potential employers. Please ask any potential employer requiring a reference to contact Student Services, as requests that go directly to former tutors may be delayed particularly during the summer break.