The Graduate is an inclusive, but ambitious element of Priestley’s stretch and challenge programme. It is central to Priestley’s mission to challenge our students to think and learn beyond the curriculum.
Therefore, as well as having a strong emphasis on developing soundly-researched and effective personal statements, helping students to gain access to their desired courses, specialist interview practice and advice, and the development of academic writing, the Graduate pushes students to think in depth about individually-researched projects, debating, and reasoning skills.
All of this is with the aim of giving students a rigorous taste of what a higher educational experience will be like.
The Graduate offers:
- Specialist coaching
- Opportunities to work with and visit leading universities including Oxford, Cambridge, Manchester, Durham, London, York and Warwick
- Challenges that take you out of your comfort zone and help prepare you for making applications and interviews
- Support, advice and guidance
- Lectures from leading universities
- Feedback on your university application