T-Levels are a two-year qualification designed to give you a head start towards the career of your dreams. The Government has developed T-Levels to deliver world-class technical education and give you a new choice after GCSEs.
Why choose T-Levels?
A T-Level is a nationally-recognised qualification that is worth the same number of UCAS points as three A-Levels.
Endorsed by business, they include a 45-day industry placement to help you learn what a real career is like.
What can you learn?
Students can choose from six T-Levels at Priestley College. They cover a wide range of areas and prepare you for many different careers.
These include jobs as diverse as engineers, nurses, childcare assistants and teachers as well as computer programmers, team leaders and managers in numerous businesses.
Hear from T-Level students
Hear from students about their experiences of studying T-Levels, and why they think it’s the ideal next step after GCSEs.
Express an interest in studying a T-Level
If you would like to be kept up to date with T-Level news and events please enter your details below.
T-Levels will include an industry placement with an employer. Around 80% of your time will be spent in the classroom with the remaining 20% being spent on placement. This differs from an apprenticeship, which is typically 80% on-the-job and 20% in the classroom.
T-Levels combine classroom theory, practical learning and an industry placement that will give you the chance to apply this theory and gain genuine experience of the workplace.
Around 80% of your time will be spent at college with the remaining 20% being spent at your placement. This will give you the opportunity to develop the employability skills you need for your chosen career.
The industry placement will be up to three months, although the specific length of the placement, and when it will take place during the two-year course, will depend on your T-Level. Placements could be undertaken as a block, or as individual days, depending on the model that works best for employer, young person and the college.
T-Levels are ideal if you have completed your GCSEs and want to get into a skilled job. They will enable you to build the knowledge and experience you need to get the job you want. They are being developed in collaboration with employers with a focus on giving you the skills employers are looking for.
Yes. T-Levels will prepare you to progress into a skilled job, but you can also choose to take further technical training, such as a higher apprenticeship or degree. T-Levels will have the same UCAS points as three A-Levels.
A T-Level will give you the opportunity to continue your studies and get a much broader idea of what it is like to work in a certain sector, with the opportunity to specialise later. Apprenticeships are paid, work-based training for those who know what occupation they wish to pursue.
To study T-Levels at Priestley you will need to have achieved five GCSEs at grade 4 to 9, including English and Maths. To study Software Development you will need a 5 in Maths.
Priestley College has designated funding to help support industry placements, which can be used to support you with your travel costs.