Priestley prepares you for a successful future, whether that be university, apprenticeships or employment.
Our World of Work programme is designed to give you the edge when it comes to securing work after completing your A-Levels and BTECs. Over the academic year numerous workshops take place that include guest speakers from numerous sectors including Business, Health and STEM.
In an increasingly competitive world it is important to stand out and World of Work will focus on the skills you need such as writing a CV or giving a good interview.
Employers are looking for people who are flexible, take the initiative and have the ability to undertake a variety of tasks in different environments.
Employability skills are not as narrowly prescribed and defined as in the past and generally they are more ‘service oriented’, making information and social skills increasingly important.
World of Work will help you to..
· Identify your strengths so you can perform effectively in interviews
· Find out about the kind of skills and characteristics sought after by employers
· Better prepare for the working world
· Take part in industry placements
· Reflect on your progress through a personal journal
· Develop team building skills which are valued by employers
· Improve your social skills