Reasons to study this course
- You are passionate about helping people and want a career where you can make a difference.
- This is an exciting opportunity which allows you to gain the technical knowledge and skills required to secure highly-skilled employment, a higher apprenticeship or higher level study at university.
- Attend an industry placement in your chosen industry or occupation
- This course has been developed in consultation with employers, higher education institutions and professional bodies.
What you will need to study this course
- obtain DBS clearance
- GCSE grade 4 or above in Maths, English. If you are planning on a career in nursing/midwifery for example, you will also require a grade 4 in Science
- ability to work independently and good time management skills
- understanding of human physiology is desirable but not essential
What you will study
The core modules consist of: providing person-centred care, health and well-being, further science concepts such as anatomy and physiology, health and safety, the healthcare sector, infection prevention and managing personal information.
How you will be assessed
Portfolio of assignments
Employer set project
You will have the opportunity to attend talks from visiting experts and guest speakers covering topics such as regulations and the cultural needs of patients. We host an NHS careers day, enabling you to speak to various NHS professionals about the careers paths and the different specialisms that exist within the NHS. Visits to various universities will take place to explore their health-related degrees as well as a tour of their campus, taking part in lectures and finding out other general information.
Studying the T-Level can lead to a number of careers. You can progress onto university to study nursing, midwifery, paramedical services, therapy, physiotherapy, rehabilitation services, dentistry, healthy lifestyle advisors and mental health.
Express an interest in studying this T-Level
If you would like to be kept up to date with T-Level news and events please enter your details below.